Nissan Rogue: Vehicle Security System
The vehicle security system provides visual and audio alarm signals if someone opens the doors, or lift gate when the system is armed. It is not, however, a motion detection type system that activates when a vehicle is moved or when a vibration occurs.
The system helps deter vehicle theft but cannot prevent it, nor can it prevent the theft of interior or exterior vehicle components in all situations.
Always secure your vehicle even if parking for a brief period. Never leave your keys in the vehicle, and always lock it when unattended. Be aware of your surroundings, and park in secure, well-lit areas whenever possible.
Many devices offering additional protection, such as component locks, identification markers, and tracking systems, are available at auto supply stores and specialty shops. Your NISSAN dealer may also offer such equipment.
Check with your insurance company to see if you may be eligible for discounts for various theft protection features.
How to arm the vehicle security system GUID-7CAA9A5F-E69A-457E-AC80-696BDC017C66 1. Close all windows.
The system can be armed even if the windows are open. 2. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position and remove the key if it is inserted.
3. Close all doors. Lock all doors. The doors
can be locked with:
- the lock button on the keyfob or Intelligent Key (if so equipped)
- any request switch (Intelligent Key equipped model)
- the power door lock switch
- the key — master or mechanical (Intelligent Key equipped model) 4. Confirm that the security indicator light illuminates. The security indicator light stays on for about 30 seconds. The vehicle security system is now pre-armed. After about 30 seconds the vehicle security system automatically shifts into the armed phase. The security light begins to flash once every approximately 3 seconds. If, during this 30-second pre-arm time period, the door is unlocked, or the ignition switch is turned to the ACC or ON position, the system will not arm.
Even when the driver and/or passengers are in the vehicle, the system will activate with all doors locked with the ignition switch in the LOCK position. When turning the ignition switch to the ACC or ON position, the system will be released.
Vehicle security system activation GUID-E0994200-F9B0-476C-AF5D-4AFA2F5FF981
The vehicle security system will give the following
- The headlights blink and the horn sounds intermittently.
- The alarm automatically turns off after approximately 50 seconds. However, the alarm reactivates if the vehicle is tampered with again.
The alarm is activated by:
- Unlocking the door without using the keyfob, the Intelligent Key (if so equipped) the request switch (if so equipped) or the key.
(Even if the door is opened by releasing the door inside lock knob, the alarm will activate.)
How to stop an activated alarm
The alarm will stop by unlocking a door by pushing the unlock button on the keyfob or Intelligent Key, pushing the request switch or using the key. The alarm will not stop if the ignition switch is turned to the ACC or ON position.
If the system does not operate as described above, have it checked by a NISSAN dealer.
The driver sees what is behind the vehicle and if a person or animal should suddenly appear from the side. PAC is mounted on the tailgate, near the opening handle. The camera has built-in el ...
Zone variation change procedure
Zone map The difference between magnetic north and geographical north is known as variance. In some areas, this difference can sometimes be great enough to cause false compass readings. Foll ...
Trailer safety chains
Always use safety chains between your vehicle and the trailer. Towing a trailer without safety chains could create a traffic safety hazard if the trailer separates from the hitch due to ...