Dodge Nitro: To open and close the hood
To open the hood, there are two latches that must be released. 1. Pull the hood release lever located under the left side of the instrument panel.
Hood Release Lever
2. Push the safety latch lever to the right. It is located between the grille and hood opening left of the center.
To prevent possible damage:
• Do not slam the hood to close it.
• Lower the hood to approximately 6 in (15.2 cm) above the closed position and drop the hood to latch it.
• Never drive your vehicle unless the hood is fully closed, with both latches engaged.
NOTE: Ensure hood prop rod is fully seated into clip before closing hood to prevent damage to grille.
WARNING: Be sure the hood is fully latched before driving your vehicle. If the hood is not fully latched, it could open when the vehicle is in motion and block your vision. Failure to follow this warning could result in serious injury or death.
1. Alternator 2. Water pump 3. Drive belt auto-tensioner 4. Crankshaft pulley 5. Air conditioner compressor Be sure the ignition switch is in the OFF or LOCK position before servicing ...
Electronic Speed Control — If Equipped
When engaged, the Electronic Speed Control takes over accelerator operations at speeds greater than 25 mph (40 km/h). The Electronic Speed Control buttons are located on the right side of the s ...
Examples of the types of accidents in which deployment of the
driver’s/driver’s and front passenger’s SRS frontal airbag(s) is unlikely to
1) The vehicle strikes an object, such as a telephone pole or sign pole. 2) The vehicle slides under the load bed of a truck. 3) The vehicle sustains an oblique offset frontal impact. 4) Th ...