Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
When there are CDs loaded (type B)
Press a desired one of the disc select buttons (from to ) the disc number indicator of which steadily lights up. The player will then start playback of the selected CD, beginning with the f ...
The first 1000 miles (1500 km)
The more you look after the engine when it is new, the more satisfied you will be with its performance in the future. Drive at varying vehicle speeds and engine speeds for the first 1000 miles ...
Engine oil check
Check the engine oil weekly. If any significant or sudden drop in oil level is noted, seek qualified assistance. Never allow the oil level to fall below the lower mark or notch on the dipstick. ...