Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Trailer Towing Weights (Maximum Trailer Weight Ratings)
The following chart provides the maximum trailer weight ratings towable for your given drivetrain. When Towing Trailers With Gross Trailer Weight (GTW) Between 3,500 Lbs (1 588 kg) And 5,000 Lb ...
Full Size Spare – If Equipped
The full size spare is for temporary emergency use only. This tire may look like the original equipped tire on the front or rear axle of your vehicle, but it is not. This spare tire may have limi ...
NOTE: Specifications are subject to change without notice. 4WD: 4-wheel drive. 2WD: 2-wheel drive. M/T: Manual transmission. A/T: Automatic transmission. ...