Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Genuine Mercedes-Benz parts
All Mercedes-Benz Centers maintain a supply of genuine Mercedes-Benz parts for necessary service and repair work. In addition, strategically located parts delivery centers provide for quick and re ...
Unlocking a channel
A channel's access code is required to unlock a channel. Unlock all channels This permanently removes all channels from the locked list and makes them available for selection. Temporarily unl ...
Rotate the headlamp control to the first position to turn on the parking lamps. Rotate to the second position to turn on the headlamps. Rotate back to to turn the headlamps off. ...