Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
The power tailgate can be closed by pressing the button on the tailgate (see the illustration) or by pressing it down. NOTE If the tailgate is pressed down e.g., by the weight of snow or st ...
Washing by hand
Carefully remove all deposits of road salt as soon as possible when driving in winter. Also, clean the insides of the wheels when washing the underbody of the vehicle. Do not use hot water and ...
Instrument Panel, Vinyl, and Other Plastic Surfaces
Use a soft microfiber cloth dampened with water to remove dust and loose dirt. For a more thorough cleaning, use a soft microfiber cloth dampened with a mild soap solution. Notice: Soaking or sat ...