Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
To hook the top tether
1. Remove the headrest at the windowside seating position where the child restraint system has been installed with the lower anchorages or seatbelt; lift up the headrest while pressing the r ...
Follow the instructions in this manual about the proper operation of your vehicle as well as about possible vehicle damage. Damage to your vehicle that arises from culpable contraventions again ...
This position is for normal driving. The transmission automatically shifts into a suitable gear from 1st to 4th according to the vehicle speed and the acceleration you require. When more accel ...