Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Folding down the cargo area cover's rear flap
The cargo area cover's rear flap points horizontally when the cover is retracted (rolled up). To fold it down: - Pull the flap slightly rearward past its supports and fold it down. NOTE On mod ...
Refer to “Compass Display” for more information. ...
To operate compass feature The vehicle compass is a convenient feature which displays the direction the vehicle is heading. Push the ON/OFF button (➀) on lower part of mirror to display t ...