Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Full screen view controls
When full screen mode is selected, the seek controls operate in the same manner as they do in preview mode. Display format: Use the relevant soft key to select the 16:9, Zoom or 4:3 option. Digit ...
Emission inspection and maintenance (I/M) programs
Some states have vehicle emission inspection programs which include OBD (On Board Diagnostics) checks. The OBD system monitors the operation of the emission control system. ■ If the malfuncti ...
Switching BLIS on and off
BLIS is automatically activated when the ignition is switched on. The indicator lights will provide confirmation by flashing 3 times. • The system can be switched off by pressing the BLIS but ...