Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Hazard warning lamps
The hazard warning lamps automatically switch on if: an air bag is deployed. the vehicle is slowed down severely from a speed of over 45 mph(70 km/h) and comes to a halt. To switch on the ...
Pressing the top of the switch once will go to the next track on the CD. Pressing the bottom of the switch once will go to the beginning of the current track, or to the beginning of the previous ...
Front passenger’s frontal airbag ON and OFF indicators
Front passenger’s frontal airbag ON and OFF indicators Front passenger’s frontal airbag ON indicator Front passenger’s frontal airbag OFF indicator The front passenger’s frontal airba ...