Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Points to observe before use
The sockets can be used for accessories, e.g. lamps or mobile phone chargers with a maximum current draw of 180 W (15 A). If you use the sockets for long periods when the engine is switched off, th ...
Starting your vehicle
Starting your vehicle The remote control start system is activated by pressing the “” button twice within 3 seconds on your remote control transmitter. The system will check certain pre-c ...
Replacement of wiper blades
Grease, wax, insects, or other material on the windshield or the wiper blade results in jerky wiper operation and streaking on the glass. If you cannot remove the streaks after operating the w ...