Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Location of the laser sensor in the windshield City Safety™ monitors traffic ahead of you using a laser sensor mounted in the upper section of the windshield. If a collision is imminent, City ...
Manual transmission 5-speed automatic transmission Your vehicle is equipped with either a manual transmission or automatic transmission. The gearshift lever for each transmission type is shown ...
Under-floor storage compartment (if equipped)
Under-floor storage compartment (if equipped) The storage compartment is located under the floor of the cargo area, and it can be used to store small items. To open the lid, pull the tab up ...