Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Front passenger air bag and status light
Front passenger air bag status light The front passenger air bag is designed to automatically turn OFF under some conditions. Read this section carefully to learn how it operates. Proper ...
In a situation where a child is too large to fit into a child safety seat but is still too small to safely use just the three point belt, a booster seat is recommended for maximum safety. Follow t ...
Ignition Key Removal
Automatic Transmission Place the shift lever in PARK. Turn the key to the ACC position and then push the key and cylinder inward slightly and rotate the key to the LOCK position. Then remove th ...