Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Battery Voltage and Charging Messages
BATTERY SAVER ACTIVE This message displays when the vehicle has detected that the battery voltage is dropping beyond a reasonable point. The battery saver system starts reducing certain features ...
Your Vehicle’s Safety Features
(1) Safety Cage (2) Crush Zones (3) Seats and Seat-Backs (4) Head Restraints (5) Collapsible Steering Column (6) Seat Belts (7) Front Airbags (8) Side Airbags (9) Side Curtain Airbags (10 ...
In this position the electrical accessories (radio, accessory power outlet, etc.) can be used. ...