Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
If the towing eyes are to be used for off-road recovery, it is essential that off-road driver training covering recovery techniques is undertaken. Further information on off-road driver trainin ...
Cruise Control Light
The cruise control light is white whenever the cruise control is set, and turns green when the cruise control is active. The light turns off when the cruise control is turned off. See Cruise Cont ...
English Shown, Metric Similar ...