Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Setting a time interval
Controls and display 3 Time interval: Increase/decrease 6 Time interval: On, while it is being set 7 Time interval: On, after it has been set Press to increase the interval or to decrease ...
Installing the towing eye
Vehicles with a trailer tow hitch: if possible, secure the towing device on the trailer tow hitch (). X Remove the towing eye from the vehicle tool kit (). WARNING The exhaust tail pipe may ...
Use the correct hitch equipment. See your dealer or a hitch dealer for assistance. ○ The rear bumper on the vehicle is not intended for hitches. Do not attach rental hitches or other bumper-t ...