Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Polishing and waxing
• Normally, polishing is not required during the first year after delivery, however, waxing may be beneficial. • Before applying polish or wax the vehicle must be washed and dried. Tar spots ca ...
FUEL GAUGE The needle on the gauge indicates the approximate fuel level in the fuel tank. The fuel capacity is given in Section 9. ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE GAUGE WARNING: Never remove ...
Heated seats (if so equipped)
Do not use or allow occupants to use the seat heater if you or the occupants cannot monitor elevated seat temperatures or have an inability to feel pain in those body parts in contact with ...