Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
The alarm system will give the following alarms when triggered. - The vehicle’s horn will sound for 30 seconds. - The turn signal lights will flash for 30 seconds. If any of the doors or the ...
SRS airbag precautions
CAUTION Observe the following precautions regarding the airbags. Failure to do so may cause death or serious injury. ●The driver and all passengers in the vehicle must wear their seat belts ...
How does the side airbag system work?
The design and development of the side airbag system included recommended testing procedures that were developed by a group of automotive safety experts known as the Side Airbag Technical Working ...