Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
To use as semi-automatic climate control system
Each function can be individually set to AUTO mode independently of the others. Any function set to AUTO mode is controlled automatically. Any function not set to AUTO mode can be manually adju ...
Types of collisions that may not deploy the SRS side airbags and
The SRS side airbag and curtain shield airbag system may not activate if the vehicle is subjected to a collision from the side at certain angles, or a collision to the side of the vehicle body oth ...
The ABS includes electronic sensors, electric pumps, hydraulic solenoids and a computer. The computer has a built-in diagnostic feature that tests the system each time you start the engine and ...