Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Safety belt height adjustment
Your vehicle has safety belt height adjustments at the front outboard seating positions. Adjust the height of the shoulder belt so the belt rests across the middle of your shoulder. To adjust t ...
Headlamps - driving abroad
The headlamp beam pattern is suitable for driving on either side of the road. ...
Optimal sound reproduction
The audio system is pre-calibrated for optimal sound reproduction using digital signal processing. This calibration takes into account factors such as the speakers, amplifier, cabin acoustics, th ...