Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Wheel and Tire Specifications
Wheels: 17 x 6 1/2J Tires: 225/65R17 102T ...
Stowage well under the cargo compartment floor
WARNING If items are stored in the compartment, make sure compartment is securely closed. In an accident, during hard braking or sudden maneuvers, they could be thrown around inside the vehi ...
A buzzer sounds and the emergency flashers flash to indicate that the doors have been locked/unlocked. (Locked: Once; Unlocked: Twice) ...