Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Basic sound settings
Press SOUND to display the basic sound setting menu (Bass, Treble, etc). Continue pressing SOUND or OK/MENU to display the other setting alternatives. Adjust the setting by turning TUNE and sav ...
The sound experience can be optimized for the driver's seat, both front seats or the rear seat. If the front and rear seats are occupied, the sound stage setting Front seats is recommended. Sele ...
Instrument panel light control (rheostat)
The instrument panel lights can be made brighter or dimmer by turning the instrument panel light control knob. ...