Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Check the tyre sidewall prior to inflation. If there are any cracks, bumps or similar damage, do not attempt to inflate the tyre. Do not stand directly beside the tyre while the compressor is ...
Glove box Keep glove box lid closed while driving to help prevent injury in an accident or a sudden stop. To open the glove box, pull the handle. To close, push the lid in until the lock ...
1 Door position 2 Off 3 On ...