Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Voice control operation
Voice control operation 1. Voice button: Press briefly to start a voice session. A pop up will appear on the touch screen. Press and hold to cancel a voice session. Note: Briefly press the Voic ...
Anti-lock brake system (ABS)
Environmental conditions can have an effect on braking. During sudden braking when there is snow, ice, oil, water etc. on the road surface, a skid may occur. In this situation, steering control an ...
Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA ), aka Electronic Stability Control (ESC),
The vehicle stability assist (VSA) system helps to stabilize the vehicle during cornering if the vehicle turns more or less than desired. It also assists you in maintaining traction while ac ...