Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Topping up the coolant
Never remove the filler cap when the engine is hot - escaping steam or scalding water could cause serious personal injury. Antifreeze is highly inflammable. Do not allow antifreeze to come int ...
Garage Door Opener — If Equipped
HomeLink replaces up to three hand-held transmitters that operate devices such as garage door openers, motorized gates, lighting or home security systems. The HomeLink unit is powered by your ve ...
The oil and oil filter change intervals for your engine are based on the use of the specified quality oils and filters. Using an engine oil and filter other than the specified quality, or exceed ...