Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
1 Turn the switch to the position: The front park, side marker, tail, license plate and instrument lights will come on. 2 Turn the switch to the position: Headlights will come on and all the ...
Types of lists used in the manual
Procedures Procedures (step-by-step instructions), or actions that must be carried out in a certain order, are arranged in numbered lists in this manual. 1 If there is a series of illustration ...
Checklist before driving off-road
If the engine oil warning lamp lights up while the vehicle is in motion, stop the vehicle in a safe place as soon as possible. Check the engine oil level. The engine oil warning lamp warning mu ...