Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
The fuel consumption figures shown below have been calculated using a standard testing procedure (the new EC test procedure from Directive 99/100/EC), and produced in accordance with The Passeng ...
Hill Descent Control (HDC) – If Equipped
HDC is only intended for low speed off-road driving. HDC maintains vehicle speed while descending hills in off-road driving conditions by applying the brakes when necessary. When enabled, HDC se ...
Service Data Recording Service data recorders in your vehicle are capable of collecting and storing diagnostic information about your vehicle. This potentially includes information about the perfor ...