Jeep Liberty: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Using a screwdriver or similar tool, carefully remove the shift lever override access cover, located on the PRNDL bezel.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine (engine Off).
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Using a screwdriver, reach into the opening and press and hold the shift override lever down.
Shift Lever Override Access
6. Move the shift lever to the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the shift lever override access cover.
Removing the collapsible spare wheel
The collapsible spare wheel can be found in the stowage well under the trunk floor. Lift the trunk floor up (). Remove stowage well 1. Turn retaining screw 2 counter-clockwise and remo ...
Disconnecting a USB Flash Memory Device
You can disconnect the USB flash memory device at any time even if the USB mode is selected on the audio system. Always follow the USB flash memory device’s instructions when you remove it. ...
Refer to scheduled maintenance information for the appropriate intervals for changing the air filter element. When changing the air filter element, use only the air filter element listed. Refer t ...